NerdGirlAhoy

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Leap day

So you know that this y3ear there was a 29th of February, but do you know the traditions associated with it? According to english rule (and google) this is the one day a year that a woman can ask a man to marry her. The rule further states that if he says no he must buy her a present so as to help soften the blow of the rejection (I'm sure women really argued against that one! lol) I am not one to let a good rule go to waste, hence my coming into posession of this:



Yes that's right, I went down on one knee and professed my love to my bf in the middle of borders!! I do believe the phrase he used was "All right! shut up, I'll buy you the damn book!!" hehe! I suppose I shouldn't of stated the proposal with "damn I can't afford the book, I KNOW!"
Now the purpose of buying Alice in Wonderland, is two fold:
a) I'm a bookaholic, I absolutely love books as well as really beautiful editions of them. I absolutely love reading them, nothing beats them, not even the lot cheaper ebooks.
b) I'm part of the ravelry group that has a KAL and read along of 19th century books. We are starting with Alice. I need my own copy for reason a) I'm starting to think with my yarn and book addiction that this might not be the best group to be in to save money (as you have to knit something that is inspired by the book)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home